What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, company or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, fill out a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, to use our application, fill out a contact form, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter,
respond to a survey or marketing
communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquires)
- To improve our application
How do we protect visitor or application user information?
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Our application encrypts traffic in and out of it, and application user credentials are encrypted at rest.
Why and how does Aquera disclose Personal Data?
Aquera does not provide Personal Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We limit the sharing of Personal Data to the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of a legal process.
- Sharing with Trusted Third Parties. We may share your Personal Data with third parties with which we have partnered to allow them to integrate their services into our own Services and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf.
- These third parties are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing, or retaining your Personal Data from any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent). Special Cases. It is Aquera's policy not to use or share Personal Data in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, the Company may disclose Personal Data, or information regarding your use of the Services or websites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect the company, our customers, and business contacts.
Do we use ‘cookies’
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders.
International Data Transfers
E.U.-U.S. and Swiss- U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks
Aquera is responsible for the processing of Personal Data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of Personal Data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to Personal Data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Please contact us as specified below if you have any questions, need access to your EU/Swiss Personal Data, or otherwise need assistance. We remain responsible for our collection, use, and disclosure of EU/Swiss Personal Data in accordance with the Privacy Shield.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Aquera commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Aquera by email at email@example.com or by mail at 2100 Geng Road, Suite 210, Palo Alto, CA 94303 USA, Attn: Jerry Waldorf.
Aquera has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (the international division of the U.S.-based American Arbitration Association), an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint please contact or visit the International Centre for Dispute Resolution by phone at +1.212.484.4181, or by visiting the website, http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html ,for more information or to file a complaint.The services of ICDR/AAA are provided at no cost to you.
We are also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission with respect to the Privacy Shield. In addition, under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, EU data subjects may invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel jointly created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
How you can control, revise or delete your Personal Data
Aquera respects your right to control, revise or delete your Personal Data, or object to the processing (if any) of your Personal Data. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Data in the following manners:
- Opting in or out of additional communications from Aquera by completing the associated forms used within our websites.
- Revoking your consent at any time, if you have previously agreed to our use of your Personal Data.
To exercise any of the individual rights afforded to you by applicable data protection laws and regulations, including asking for a copy of your Personal Data, please contact Jerry Waldorf at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at the addresses listed in the How to Contact Us section below.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
- Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
- We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for
commercial messages, gives recipients the
right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 618-6442
Aquera mandates that all of its employees conduct business with utmost character and integrity. If you have any questions or concerns about the way Aquera or any of its employees conduct business, please contact us at email@example.com.
Revised: September 4, 2020